Sunday, October 20, 2019

Great Smoky National Park

This past September I spent a week on a Road Scholar tour  (roadscholar.org) photographing parts of the Great Smoky National Park.  A week is definitely not long enough to photograph the park, but it was a fun start.  I was part of a group of 20 photographers, we were lead by two professionals and a "storyteller."  The storyteller told us history and fun facts about the Smokys.  I was hesitant to go thinking I am being led to spots where lots of other people had placed their tripod, but I threw caution to the wind and went and I do not regret going.  Yes, I did place my tripod in the same area lots of other tripods had been - BUT this is my tripod and my picture.  The pros (Bonnie Cooper (www.bonniecooperphotography.com) and Don Mcgowan (www.earthsongphotography.com) ) gave great thoughts, suggestions, and inspiration, and they knew where to go.  We had sunrise and sunset shoots along with shooting other times.
Here are some of the images I took - 

































No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 29 Challenge

  Yep I'm still on the trail. It seems to be getting harder with the temps staying iun the triple digits. BUT it is getting done. 52 Fra...