Monday, February 6, 2023

Glass Blowing

 Announcement

Saw a posting on the Northwest Houston Photo Club about a glass blowing demonstration at the Glassblowing Houston studio in Tomball Texas on FM 2920, about 8 or 9 miles from my home.  
So off we went for a cool afternoon visit at their studio. The glass blowing objective was a 12 inch fish.  The images I am posting do not  show step by step but just some of them.  The fins were basically completed the day before and kept in an oven so there was not a temperature shock when it is applied at the demo.
Again used my Sony A7 III with the 24 - 240 mm lens.  Debated which lens to carry, but not knowing how close I could get I settled on my trusty 24-240, this lens is a Full Frame lens so there is no crop factor, what you see is what you get.  Here are some images I got, and because it was crowded all are hand held.


Beginning stage - Hot out of the oven about 2700 degrees


Making the tail fin






Starting the body, the guy on the end is just keeping constant 
pressure on the product





Flattening the sides

Attaching fins

Almost done. Attaching more fins, as they were finishing
one fin fell off and broke, so they had to make a 
new fin next week fo finish.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 29 Challenge

  Yep I'm still on the trail. It seems to be getting harder with the temps staying iun the triple digits. BUT it is getting done. 52 Fra...